Retirement Village Living
Most people work hard in their lives, so it is essential that when they become older, they do not have to be stressed about living in retirement.
Many people believe that their only option for later life is moving to a care home when they need to.
However, there are many options available that aim to improve a person’s overall quality of life while maintaining an independent and active lifestyle.
Retirement villages are purpose-built developments that vary in size to create a village-style community; Often, they are built close to town centres and amenities so that residents can continue to live independently and have the freedom to come and go as they please
They are becoming increasingly popular in the UK, as people search for a more suitable property as they offer many solutions and desirable factors that often can’t be addressed when merely moving from one street to another.
One of the critical aspects that sets them apart from other alternatives is the unique combination of amenities and services they offer, as well as homes designed specifically for the changing needs of residents.
All the homes are self-contained, and in some developments, there are dining and leisure facilities on-site provided too.
The good thing is that there are always options that people can choose from.
A single fee for your Inclusive Living apartment will cover:
- 24 hour on-site emergency response system / CCTV security
- Laundry and housekeeping
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner with meal choices, seven days a week
- Exterior maintenance and insurance
- Exterior window cleaning.
What To Consider When Considering Retirement Village Living
Retirement housing is designed to provide a welcoming environment by creating a vibrant community of like-minded people.
Apartments are designed to make life easier for residents by incorporating a range of features that offer peace of mind, comfort and security.
Most developments have door entry systems and may feel safer than living alone. The on-site manager gives added peace of mind when you are away on holiday or visiting family.
Offering independence, community spirit and companionship, your new home will be well maintained and provide many years of satisfaction.
A range of additional facilities will often be available, and you will be able to relax and enjoy life as part of a retirement community.
What happens when you need that little extra help with care?
Live in care can provide the perfect solution to help you remain in your own home, while still receiving the benefits of a retirement village setting.
If you feel that you need maybe a companion or someone to help with some of your aspects of care, then call us today to find out how we can help you.
In choosing our service, you also have the assurance and confidence you need:
- We always carry out face to face care assessments, from which a full care plan is compiled.
- Care reviews are carried out regularly to ensure that the level of service is maintained, as are the needs and wishes of the client, which is part of our Continuous Quality Improvement program.
- All our care packages are person-centred, delivering companionship, one to one care and support.
- Keeping loved ones up to date and involved
- Washing, dressing, help with going to the toilet/managing continence if required
- Preparing and cooking meals, helping with Laundry and hoovering, general tidying and cleaning
- Shopping, going out/attending appointments, studying, support with mobility issues.
- Our trained specialist carers can support critical conditions, including Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia care.
- English speaking carers
- Many carers are also drivers with whom we don’t charge extra for that privilege (just a small cost towards their car running costs if used in the course of the assignment)
- Couples can remain together in their own home, through our couple care packages.
Living Carers has over 90 years’ of combined caring experience to deliver the best possible care to your loved one.