Live In Dementia Care
Dealing with dementia is a challenging proposition. That is why our dementia care services can help you. Those of you who live in places like Exeter, Plymouth, Bournemouth, or Southampton can take great comfort in knowing that our staff will be there to look after your loved one 24/7.
A List of Dementia Care Services In the Area:
Before you make the journey to one of our care centres, there are some tips we have to help you at home.
Five Tips To Help You Interact More Positively With Your Loved One Without Feeling Like It Is a Burden
1) You need to get their attention. Dementia patients have a shorter attention span than others. You need to meet their eyes for contact when you talk to them.
2) Use simple words when communicating. Do not make your conversation too complicated.
3) Ask them yes or no questions. Wait for them to reply before you move onto the next one.
4) Every activity needs to be broken down into steps because that is the only way they will understand.
5) Use a positive tone as much as possible. Your body language and voice tell them everything they need to know.
A Final Look At Our On-Site Care Services In the Area:
Living Carers has over 90 years’ of combined caring experience to deliver the best possible care to your loved one.