As a self-employed live in carer, you make a big difference in someone else’s life with a job role that can be physically and emotionally demanding.
With any responsibility, you try to minimise risks. Still, mistakes can be made, and this is why it’s highly recommended you protect yourself against these potential risks you face daily with a policy like our live in carer insurance.
We understand the complexities of the work you do. Our live in carers Insurance from our trusted partner protects you if a mistake is made, like administering incorrect medication or causing injury while caring for somebody.
The public and self-employed liability insurance give you cover should you face a compensation claim due to an error or omission.
Live In Care have teamed up with Surewise to offer Self-Employed Carer Insurance.
Being a Self Employed Carer comes with all of the usual perks that you would expect when running your own business, from choosing the hours that you work to having more control over your job’s financial aspects and being able to pick your clients for yourself.
On the other hand, there are many things that you need to consider when running your own care business, such as self-employed carer expenses like tax & insurance.
The effect that live in carers, micro providers, and personal assistants have on an individual’s life is significant, and the role is often rewarding, but it also comes with a range of risks, such as;
- Public Liability
- Accidental Injury to any person concerning your work (e.g. your client, a member of the public)
- Injury to yourself as a result of your work
- Loss or damage to property
- Allegations of negligence or abuse
They provide £5 million worth of public liability insurance for carers, with additional safeguards against claims for damage or loss of property & personal injury (£12,500). The legal expenses element (£100,000) protects against liability for legal defence costs and a 24-hour Legal Advice Helpline should you need support.
We have negotiated with Surewise the gold level of cover for an annual price of £95, compared to the usual price of £115.00 – an annual saving of £20.00 for the best insurance cover. If you wish to purchase this policy, then click on the Surewise link here.
Surewise Gold Level Carer Insurance – Benefits include:
Activities & Duties Covered
- Personal care including; preparing, serving and feeding food or drink, bathing, dressing, moving and handling.
- Administering of prescribed medicines and first aid.
- General domestic duties including; shopping and basic maintenance, and gardening tasks.
- Looking after the client’s domestic pets or children (or other children for whom the client is responsible) provided that these tasks form only a minor part of the overall work carried out for that client.
- Accompanying any client on social, domestic or pleasure trips.
Other Cover Highlights
- No Excess!
- Permanent total disablement (such as loss of sight or loss of use of your back)
- Permanent partial disablement (such as loss of sight or loss of use of your back)
- Costs in legal action to defend Your legal rights arising out of allegations of negligence or abuse arising out of your employment as a carer.
- The cost of replacing the keys and locks to external doors of any client’s home following loss or theft of the keys.
- Accidental loss or damage to your personal effects whilst you are in the course of your employment.
- Accidental damage to any client’s property by you due to forced access to their home solely to deal with a medical emergency.
Surewise is a trading name of Sure Wise Limited, authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). FCA Firm Reference Number is 618327.