What Is Live In Care Support Work?
Live In Care Support Workers are employed to work with clients on a 24-hour basis to provide care and support to the customer/s as detailed specifically in the care plan provided for each client.
All clients are individuals who will have received a person-centred holistic assessment of their needs which forms the basis of their care plans.
The role of the care worker is to meet their client’s care needs and to ensure they are supported as detailed in their care plan ensuring at all times that their privacy, dignity and independence are maintained.
This not only includes not only assisting with the client’s personal care needs but also their social welfare.
The role may include shopping, cooking and will include light housekeeping duties. Care packages will vary from providing companionship care through to providing palliative end of life care and care worker pay rates will vary accordingly.
Live In Care Position Summary
Working under the direct supervision of the client, the Personal Care Assistant is responsible for their day-to-day support needs as described in the PA Job Description and the clients Service User Plan.
Live In Care Support Worker Job Responsibilities
• Assisting with Personal Care, including skin care, bathing, shaving, oral care, toileting (including management of bladder & bowels), dressing, hair care.
• Enabling mobility, including Moving & Handling transfers, pushing the wheelchair, checking of specialist equipment e.g. wheelchair seat cushion, driving of clients vehicle, as directed.
• Dietetics, including assistance with menu planning, preparing, serving and storing of foods.
• Assist client to fulfil activities of daily living e.g. working, leisure, education.
• Help with medications as prescribed by the medical team.
• Dealing with correspondence and financial matters as requested.
• Day to day household tasks e.g. changing beds, laundry, ironing, shopping.
• Respect for client confidentiality and discretion at all times.
• Negotiate breaks with the customer to ensure that these are consent and mutually suitable while monitoring working hours which should not exceed an average of between 8 and 10 per day.
• Reporting & Recording as per company procedure.
• Commitment to identifying and fulfilling ongoing personal development within Active Assistance.
• Adhering to company policies and procedures at all times.
Live In Care Support Workers
Contact us today to find out more